The Reason for the Blog

I am just trying to get a record of how I am feeling about things and whats going on. I can't seem to get a written one done... I thought I might have a better chance with this.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

In transition

In transition.....That is certainly what my parents are in.   They moved out of the apartment today, only to move into the extended stay hotel.... hopefully only for a week or so. It seems like this journey with them has taken forever.   I know the impact this has had on my direct life, and it wasn't my house, it was my parents.

This week a tornado destroyed 1/3 of the town of Joplin...and killed so many.  The devastation is sooooo overwhelming.  I can't even imagine it.   And if it took my parents a year to start to get back to normal, with a new house... I can't even imagine what its going to be fore the folks in Joplin.    I think about it, then I think back to Hurricane Katrina and the devastation created from that.   New Orleans is still not back to what it once was... and that was YEARS ago.  

No change for my sister-in-law... they have moved her out of intensive care and into another building in the hospital.  She is stable... but still on the ventilator.  They talked to my MIL about moving her to a nursing home.  I guess this didn't go over very well.   Once again, I can't even imagine.

I look around and see how much bigger everyone Else's problems are.   I say to myself....MY PROBLEMS ARE MINUSCULE... QUITE WHINING!  

So i did.... no more whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment